Friday, February 3, 2012

This is our life

Ok so I was working on a way nicer, less shocking post to  introduce ourselves but that just wouldn't do.

We are slackers and sometimes we wash a load of laundry and leave it until the next day to put it in the dryer.....gasp I know!  But lets be realistic people do it all the time.

Today the boy child aka favorite son, Taylor was told to swap out laundry.  At our house this means, fold what is in the dryer and sort into everyone's personal milk crate, then take clothes out of the washer and put them into the dryer and then to start another load of laundry in the washer.....BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS MORE DIRTY LAUNDRY.  Shocking thing is he actually went to do it with out much of a fight and then he comes in the dining room (where I was working on much nicer introductory blog post)  and says, "ok so don't freak out but someone left a sharpie in the laundry and it got dried."  my reply, "WHAAAAAAAATTTTTT? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?   WHO PUT THOSE CLOTHES IN THE DRYER?"
Possible suspects L-R Shania aka baby girl, favorite son aka Taylor or taytor bug and  Darling husband Kevin aka Kev.

Of the 3 above mentioned suspects not one would own up to being the laundry swapper.  Imagine that?  No one wants the wrath of mad momma!  So I started handing all 3 of them stuff that could possibly clean the dryer.....Dry eraser board cleaner, tough and tender wipes, mela magic, glass cleaner, etc anything that was under the sink that could possibly work.
inside of dryer after sharpie ......she had started cleaning it by the time I thought to grab the camera

after some more scrubbing 
So what we found that worked the best at removing Sharpie from the dryer was SOL U MEL.  It's made by melaleuca and it AMAZING!  It will take just about any stain you can imagine off of and out of just about anything you can possibly stain.
ok so this isn't the best pic and never mind the fact that my nails look ridiculous right now.  
I am not a dealer for SOL U MEL or any other Melaleuca product but I do use them and I do think they are great!  If you want to know more about their line of products go here  After much scrubbing and elbow grease by this cutie
She never admitted guilt, but she did offer to scrub the dryer
Dryer Crisis Averted.   
While all of this was going on, and I was freaking out about the dryer, this cutie texted to tell us about her new job, and that she had received her birthday package!  She is away at college and we miss her dearly.  (wish she called and skyped more but we take what we can get)  
She just turned 21 on Wednesday and started a brand new job on Thursday!
So this is our life on a day to day basis :)  I wish I could tell you how glamorous it was, or how perfect it is but that would be lying.  We are happy, healthy and full of love even when momma is ticked off!  Here is a pic of me just so you know who  momma is.
IDK why but I like this pic of myself.....perhaps no double chin showing :D
  and here is a favorite and most recent professional family picture


Ok so I am gonna go back to working on some other far more interesting blog posts for you.  I hope that by keeping it real I don't scare you all off :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment